Subscribe via feed.

Tattoo progress!

Posted by Mick on July 11, 2010 – 9:47 pm

I really meant to do more today.

I had grand plans of writing and other adventures.  Instead, I napped, sat on the couch watching Mythbusters, and played my guitar.  I regret nothing.

I did venture out early in the day, to have a brief meeting with my friend Jim, who brought many fine cheeses.  This trip he gifted us with a Queso Blanco, some lemon juice Ricotta, and his first successful mozzarella.  After that, Tara, George, and I went over to the Taco Taxi for some brunch tacos.  This was the first time I was able to get the anticuchos, and I must say they were delicious.  When you order, he throws the raw, marinated meat on the grill right in front of you, cooking the meat with a spoonful of cilantro chimichurri, and then he adds a few roasted baby potatos to the skewer to make it a meal.

Brian told us that in the next few weeks he may be serving food a few days a week in South Austin.  Watch his website for further details.

I’m not sure why I was so tired today, although I suspect it had something to do with this.

Saturday, I spent the day in the tattoo chair, getting the first round of color added to my sleeve.  I got there at 3 in the afternoon, I left at 10 that night.  So much detail work.  The arm was still a little tender from two weeks ago, and this didn’t help any.  It doesn’t really hurt, but it’s sore.  It’s very sore.  In the muscle sore.

I knew going in to this tattoo that the elbow was going to hurt.  I was ready for that.  The outside, with the bone, was bad.  The inside, where there’s very little muscle, was also bad.  But like I said, I was prepared.  You know what I didn’t expect to hurt?  My inner arm, close to the arm pit.  If you look at the picture, I’m talking about Magnificent’s right foot.  That’s his right, not your right.  That little spot there… it feels like the needle was suddenly electrified.

But it looks awesome, doesn’t it?  Two more weeks, one more session in the chair, and it should be finished.

And now, it’s time for some aftercare.  Twice a day, I wash the tattoo with warm water and anti-bacterial soap, and then apply a light coating of Aquaphor.  The tattoo will scab over for a few weeks, and it’s critical that the scabs be kept moist.  If the scabs get dry, they will pull off easier, and that can also pull the ink from the skin.  Pull the ink from the skin, you have to re-do that area. And we don’t even want to think about infection.  After-care is important, and must be followed to the letter.  Love the tattoo, and treat it well.  So it’s off to do some aftercare, and then I have a date with my wife and The Simpsons.

Be good to each other.

This post is under “Uncategorized” and has no respond so far.
If you enjoy this article, make sure you subscribe to my RSS Feed.

Post a reply

Get Adobe Flash playerPlugin by wordpress themes